- US Jobless Claims rose to 348k vs 330k exp and 326k prev. The MLK holiday likely had an impact.
- Pending Home Sales dropped 8.7% in Dec vs -0.3% exp, likely due to weather
- Germany CPI declined to 1.2% vs 1.3% exp and prev
- EU Loan Officer Survey showed some small improvement, although not yet in expansionary territory:
- China HSBC manufacturing PMI was 49.5 versus 49.6 expected.
- Japan retail sales declined 1.1% m/m versus +0.3% expected. Year-over-year sales were +2.6% versus +3.8% expected.
- Thu: Japan PMI, CPI
- Fri: Month End, Japan Housing Starts, EU Employment, CPI, CanadaGDP, US Personal Income, PCE Deflator, Chicago PMI, UMichigan Confidence, China PMI
- Mon: Australia PMI, Building Approvals, China Non-Mfg PMI, EU PMI, US ISM, RBA
- Tue: UK PMI Construction
- Wed: EU Services PMI, US ADP, CanadaBuilding Permits, ISM Non-Mfg, Australia Retail Sales,