Separately, this chart from Asymco is pretty cool. It notes that “The adoption of smartphones in the US is on track for reaching 90% of the available audience by August 2016. This is a mere eight years after smartphones reached 10% penetration. As far as technologies go, that’s pretty fast. To get an idea of how rapid, I plotted a few other technologies and the time they took to grow within the US market.”
- NAHB Housing Market Index declined to 54 in Nov vs 55 exp and prev
- The ACA rollout has severely strained ties between Obama and Democrats. 39 House Democrats defected Friday and backed a GOP-sponsored bill and if the program doesn’t achieve more stability soon more departures are anticipated. The botched ACA rollout threatens to undermine the rest of Obama’s second term. WSJ
- The ECB’s Coere said low inflation forced the ECB to act, but the preemptive rate cut should allow them to avoid more cuts in the future.
- New home prices in China increased 9.6% y/y versus 9.1% expected.
- Mon: RBA Minutes
- Tue: German ZEW, Bernanke Speaks
- Wed: BoE Minutes, US Retail Sales, Dudley Speaks, US Existing Home Sales, FOMC minutes, China Flash Mfg PMI, BoJ
- Thu: EU PMI, RBA Governor Stevens speaks, US Jobless Claims, US Markit Preliminary PMI, US Philly Fed, EU Consumer Confidence