- US ADP Employment rose 200k in July vs 180k exp. Last month print was revised higher by 10k.
- Chicago PMI improved to 52.3 vs 54 exp and 51.6 prev
- US 2Q GDP rose 1.7% in Q2 vs 1.0% exp. However, Q1 GDP was revised lower to 1.1% vs 1.8% prev
- Canada GDP rose 0.2T MoM vs 0.3% exp and 0.1% prev
- EU Unemployment declined to 12.1% vs 12.2% exp, although last month’s figure was revised lower to 12.1%.
- Germany Unemployment declined by 7k versus 0 exp. And -12k prev. The unemployment rate was unchanged at 6.8%, as expected.
- Japan Markit Mfg PMI declined to 50.7 vs 52.3 prev
- Average total cash earnings in Japan edged up just 0.1% year-on-year in June – the first rise in five months following a decrease of 0.1% previously. Whilst special payments rose by 0.4%, however, overtime pay, seen as a barometer of strength in corporate activity, turned flat after rising for two months in a row.
- Wed: China PMI
- Thu: EU PMI, BoE, ECB, US Jobless Claims, ISM
- Fri: US Employment,
- Mon: Australia Retail Sales, China Markit Services PMI, EU Services PMI, EU Retail Sales, US Non-Mfg ISM, Australia Trade Balance
- Tue: RBA, Australia Home Loans