One small bit that does not seem to have gotten mentioned in Japan: despite volatility in the Yen rates market, Japanese Inflation Breakevens have hit a new high.
- Kurdoa : “We will monitor closely what happens with the currency’s rate, and how that affects the economy… I don’t think monetary policy would change because of what was happening with the currency,”
- China posted a $0.88bn trade deficit versus an expected surplus of $15.15bn. Imports increased 14.1% versus 6% expected. Exports increased 10% versus 11.7% expected.
- Siemen’s CEO: "Even short-cycle businesses are lacking momentum… many experts are expecting a recovery in the second half of the year, but we aren’t noticing indications of that” Daimler CEO: “Not much tailwind is anticipated from the markets in the coming months. For Europe in particular, there are no signs of a trend reversal” – Reuters
- Thu: US Jobless Claims, Canada New House Price Index
- Fri: US Retail Sales, UMichigan Confidence
- Sun: Kuroda Speaks, Australia Home Loans, China IP, Retail Sales, GDP
- Mon: EU Trade Balance, Empire Mfg, NAHB Housing Market Index
- Tue: UK CPI, German Zew, US Housing Starts