- US Consumer Confidence declined to 58.6 in Jan vs 64 exp and 65.1 prev
- Australia NAB Business Confidence improved to 3 from -9 prev
- CNBC reported that Spain is preparing a stimulus plan to relieve some of the pain from recent austerity measures.
- The government in Japan approved a new $1.02T budget that would raise more in tax revs than bond sales for the first time in 4 years. That said, Japan would still rely on borrowing to cover ~46.3% of its spending needs.
- Wed: EU Consumer Confidence, US ADP Employment, FOMC
- Thu: German Unemployment, US Personal Income, Jobless Claims, Chicago PMI
- Fri: Europe PMI, ItalyUnemployment, US Employment, UMichigan Confidence, ISM
- Mon: China HSBC Services PMI, RBA
- Tue: European Services PMI, US ISM Non-Manufacturing