- US Retail Sales rose 0.5% MoM vs 0.2% exp. Core sales were quite strong, up 0.6% vs 0.3% exp and 0.6% prev.
- UK CPI was stable at 2.7% as exp
- Fitch thinks European banks could soon repay ~300bn in LTRO money. They also said Spain probably won’t activate the OMT in 2013.
- Homebuilder Lennar earned 56c versus 45c expected. Revenue was $1.35bn vs $1.31bn expected. Orders up 32% versus 31% expected.
- Japanese Economy Minister Akira Amari said the nation faces risks from any excessive decline in the yen – Bloomberg
- Wed: US CPI, NAHB Index,
- Thu: Australia Employment, US Housing Starts, US Jobless Claims, China Data
- Fri: UK Retail Sales, US UMichigan Confidence
- Mon: BoJ
- Tue: German ZEW, US Existing Home Sales, Australia CPI