Chart of the day – Speculative Positioning in VIX futures:
- Boehner publicly accepted higher tax rates, but only for those earning > 1mm. He said he will exchange that and an increase in the debt ceiling for reduced entitlement spending. There was also a Washington Post blog post suggesting that a deal was close.
- Japan’s LDP party won a super majority in the lower house of parliament on discontent from DPJ policies. BoJ issues is expected to be discussed next year.
- Mon: RBA Minutes,
- Tue: US NAHB Index, Japan Trade Balance
- Wed: German IFO, BoE Minutes, US Housing Starts,
- Thu: US Jobless Claims, Philly Fed, Existing Home Sales
- Fri: Quadruple Witching, Canada CPI, US Durable Goods Orders,