- Chicago PMI improved to 50.4 in Nov vs 50.5 exp.
- According to Reuters, the BOJ is considering radical new monetary options, many of which could be unleashed next year when Shirakawa steps down as head of the BOJ. Some inside the BOJ are advocating a massive 100 trillion yen asset purchase splurge to be completed instantly. Other ideas include purchasing foreign bonds, a move that would drive down the value of the yen.
- EU CPI estimate was 2.2% in November, below expectations of 2.4%.
- UK Consumer Confidence improved to -22 vs -30 in Oct, an 18 month high.
- Last year, Births in U.S. Dropped to the lowest level since 1920. – BBG
- Mon: Mfg PMI: AU, SK HSBC, China non-Mfg, HSBC Mfg PMI, Spain, Swiss, UK, US Markit. US ISM Mfg.
- Tue: Spain Unemployment, BoC, China HSBC Services PMI
- Wed: Italy, Spain and UK Services PMI, EU Retail Sales, US ADP, ISM Non-Mfg, Australia Employment
- Thu: Swiss CPI, Unemployment, BoE, ECB, US Jobless Claims,