- US payrolls increased just 114k in Sept vs 115k exp. Last month’s figure was revised higher by 46k.
- US Unemployment dropped sharply to 7.8% vs 8.2% exp and 8.1% prev. This is the lowest print since January 2009. Surprisingly, the participation rate actually increased 0.1%, as the household employment figure jumped by 873k after two consecutive monthly declines. This is the biggest jump since January 2003.
- US Hourly Earnings increased 0.3% Mom vs 0.2% exp and 0% prev. This took the YoY rat to 1.8%, as exp. Hours worked also increased, to 35.5 vs 34.4 exp and prev.
- CA Employment jumped to 52.1k in Sept vs 10k exp and 34.3k prev. The unemployment rate increased to 7.4% vs 7.3% exp and prev, as the participation rate increased 0.2% to 66.8%.
- BoJ kept policy unchanged as expected
- Mon: US Bond Holiday, Sentix Investor Confidence, AU Business Confidence
- Tues: Japan Eco Watchers Survey, Alcoa kicks off US earnings season
- Wed: US Mortgage applications, Australia Employment, China Money Supply
- Thu: US Jobless Claims
- Fri: US PPI, U Michigan Confidence