- The RBA surprised with a rate cut of 25bps to 3.25%. “On the back of international developments, the growth outlook for next year looked a little weaker, while inflation was expected to be consistent with the target. The Board therefore decided that it was appropriate for the stance of monetary policy to be a little more accommodative.”
- South Korea PMI dropped to 45.7 in Sept vs 47.5 prev.
- Wed: Italy Services PMI, UK Services PMI
- Thu: BoE, ECB
- Fri: US Employment, CA Employment
- Mon: Sentix Investor Confidence, AU Business Confidence
- Tues: Japan Eco Watchers Survey, Alcoa kicks off US earnings season