- UMichigan Confidence declined to 72 in June vs 73.5 exp and 73.2 prev
- US Core PPI declined to 2.6% YoY as exp vs 2.7% prev
- JPM reported a $4.4bn trading loss in the CIO unit, slightly below the whisper figure of $5bn. The CFO said the total London Whale losses were $5.8bn this year.
- Moody’s cut Italy by 2 notches overnight
- China June Data:
- Real GDP rose 7.6% YoY in 2Q vs 7.7% exp and 8.1% prev.
- China IP slowed to 9.5% YoY vs 9.8% exp and 9.6% prev
- Retail Sales declined to 13.7% YoY vs 13.4% exp and 13.8% prev
- Mon: EU CPI, US Empire Mfg, Retail Sales,
- Tues: UK CPI, German Zew, USCPI, US NAHB, BoC
- Wed: BoE minutes, UK Unemployment, US Housing Starts
- Thurs: US Jobless Claims, Philly Fed, Existing Home Sales
Commentary & Links: