- Rajoy: “we can’t finance at current prices for too long” & “many institutions have no market access”
- Speculation about the state of Monti’s government has become so feverish that officials were forced to deny rumors of him stepping down if he were to leave the Summit w/o success – FT
- US Capital Goods Orders, Nondef Ex Air, rose 1.6% MoM in May vs 1.9% exp and -1.9% prev. DGO Ex Transportation rose 0.4% MoM vs 0.7% exp and -0.6% prev.
- South Korea Manufacturing Survey declined to 84 in July vs 86 prev.
- Italian Business Confidence improved to 88.9 in June vs 85.5 exp and 86.2 prev
- German CPI declined to 2.0% YoY in June vs 2.1% exp and 2.2% prev
- Thurs: EU Summit, German Unemployment, US Initial Jobless Claims, UK Consumer Confidence, Japan CPI
- Fri: EU Summit, EU Money Supply, CPI Estimate, CanadaGDP, US Personal Spending, PCE Deflator, Chicago PMI, UMichigan Confidence
- Mon: ChinaMfg PMI, AustraliaMfg PMI, South Korea HSBC Mfg PMI, China HSBC Mfg PMI
- Tues: Swiss Mfg PMI, ItalyMfg PMI, UKMfg PMI, US ISM, China Non-Mfg PMI
- Wed: US Holiday, RBA, Australia Services PMI, China HSBC Services PMI
- Thurs: Italy Services PMI, UK Services PMI
Commentary & Links:
The 3Q Outlook will be sent separately.