- US Import Prices declined to 13% YoY in Aug vs 12.5% exp and 14% prev.
- US NFIB Small Business Optimism Index declined to 88.1 in Aug vs 88 exp and 89.9 prev. The net percentage of respondents expecting the economy to improve fell to -26%, its lowest level since the late 1970s. 33% of firms report finding few or no qualified applicants for job openings (previous: 31%).
- UK CPI rose to 4.5% YoY in Aug as exp vs 4.4% prev.
- UK RICS House Price Balance was -23 in Aug as exp vs -22 prev
- Swedish CPIF was unchanged at 1.6% YoY in Aug as exp.
- Australia NAB Business Confidence declined to -8 in Aug vs +2 prev
- India sets aside $10bn to start a sovereign wealth fund. They will compete with China for access to foreign oil, gas and mineral assets.