- Power restored at all Reactors. Cooling has been restarted on reactors 5 and 6.
- Kan says seeing light at the end of the tunnel
- Japanese Factories are starting to resume production – NYT
- Japanese market holiday today
- Western powers launched a second wave of air strikes early Monday after halting Qaddafi’s forces attempt to advance to Benghazi and established a “no-fly” zone. Joint Chiefs Chairman said Gaddafi hasn’t had aircrafts flying the last couple days.
- FT: Iran has bought large amounts of gold in the international market, according to a senior BoE official, pressure on Tehran to reduce its exposure to the US dollar.
Fed National Activity Index improved to -0.04 in Feb vs -0.20 expected and -0.16 previously.
US Treasury announced it will be winding down its 142bn Agency MBS portfolio – selling up to 10bn a month, which is on top of 3-5bn per month in paydowns. This was unexpected and caused a sharp sell off in treasuries, which was almost completely unwound over the course of the day.
AT&T is buying Deutsche Telekom for $39bn
- See Trades for 2Q